Home

OrthodoxChristianity Reddit

OrthodoxChristianity - reddit

1. At the end of the church, in front of the altar, I saw the bishop talking with the choir singer. As people walked in they lit a candle and put it over a plate with sand. I'm sure there's a name for it. I didn't join in because I don't really know the etiquette of it, if it's just something for the orthodox
  2. 27.1k members in the OrthodoxChristianity community. A subreddit dedicated to discussion of Eastern Orthodox Christianity.
  3. heresyoursigns. · 20h. The fallen world is a human world, and the will of God is a mystery. Christ suffered, but as the son of God he trampled suffering, he trampled death through his death. He brought goodness into this fallen world. He reaches out to us so that we too can triumph in the face of suffering
  4. g people I've ever met in my entire life. For some reason, I had this mental image of Orthodox Christians being a very closed group, but it was nothing like that at all
  5. Eucharist sacrifice. The RCC says that Christ is contained in an unbloody manner and immolated in the Eucharist as a perpetuation of the cross. That it is one and the same sacrifice. He is then offered to God, and God looks on the sacrifice with a propitious eye, and grants the grace for repentance and forgives sins
  6. OrthodoxChristianity.net. For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them
  7. For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section

I am asking you for prayers, even simple Lord have mercy, regarding me going to Lebanon from 7th July until 24th of July. I am going there after sudden evecuation (because of covid restrictions) from middle of March 2020, so hope to get some my stuff I left there back, to get the university diploma (that I need for job and potential PHD and for the Polish Church) and finally, the most. Eastern Orthodox Christianity is one of the largest Christian fellowships in the world, second only to the Roman Catholic Church. Yet inside the United States it is almost unknown. As a former evangelical Christian , I understand the strange and mysterious aura that colors the perception of most American Christians have about Orthodoxy

This thread for requests that users of the subreddit remember names and concerns in their prayers at home, or at the Divine Liturgy on Sunday In Greek, the acronym for Jesus Christ, God's Son, Savior spells out fish. It's simply a shorthand identifying the Lord. In fact, I recall hearing that it was a way Christians could identify each other during persecutions (one would start drawing the fish, the other would finish it, as a sort of secret code) Russian Orthodox Schism. Hello, I hope everyone is doing well. I am a Catholic and I am interested in learning more about Orthodoxy. I have heard of the Schism between Moscow and Constantinople over the formation of the new Ukrainian Orthodox Church. I am wondering how such a schism could be resolved and how does one determine which Church is. Second, the people. They were probably some of the kindest, most welcoming people I've ever met in my entire life. For some reason, I had this mental image of Orthodox Christians being a very closed group, but it was nothing like that at all. The two elderly ladies in front of us introduced us to the priest, who was himself incredibly welcoming At least half of Europe loved him, as he wasn't just a conqueror, he carried with him the ideals of the French Revolution (in a diluted form, but still recognizable) wherever he went. Napoleon abolished feudal privileges, liberated peasants, instituted equality before the law and meritocratic government (at least in theory), gave rights to minorities, gave rights to women, and made aristocrats.

r/OrthodoxChristianity - reddit

For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section Orthodox Christianity for dummies: Everything you were afraid to ask. Lifestyle Jan 10 2020 Georgy Manaev Sergey Bobylev/TASS Tourists are frequently amazed by the sparkling golden domes of. Welcome to the OCIC Web site, one of the largest and oldest sites on Orthodox Christianity. Think of the OCIC as a vast online article repository, with over 850 articles and 3,000 printed pages. This site has been online since 1996 and receives over 50,000 visits per month, according to Google Analytics In addition, Orthodox Christianity is closely tied to Ukraine's national and political life. Roughly half of all Ukrainians (51%) say it is at least somewhat important for someone to be Orthodox to be truly Ukrainian. The same is true for Russia, where 57% say being Orthodox is important to being truly Russian The holy and right-believing Vladimir (Svyatoslavich), Baptizer of Kievan Rus' (958-1015) was the Grand Prince of Kiev when Orthodox Christianity was introduced into present day Russia and Ukraine. He is also the grandson of St. Olga, and the father of Sts. Boris and Gleb the Passion-Bearers (and the first saints of the Russian lands)

a journey through the imaginative worlds of C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien, and the Inkling We are here to help. Search for: Meaning of Life. Healthy Living; Death; Afterlife. Heave Reddit; Mail; Embed; Permalink ; Recently Liked. balkanche. Christmas Eve in Bulgaria . Unlike other Orthodox Christians Bulgarians (as well as Greeks and Romanians) celebrate Christmas Eve on the 24th of December. In Bulgarian the evening is called Budni Vecher, after the budnik, the name of the wood used for the Christmas Eve fire. It is. Orthodox Christianity in the 21st Century 4. Orthodox take socially conservative views on gender issues, homosexuality. On environmentalism and homosexuality, Orthodox Christians are largely united in their views. Most Eastern Orthodox Christians - whose spiritual leader, Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew, has been called the Green. Faith and Doubt: Mormonism and Orthodox Christianity. I read the announcement today about the passing of President Thomas S. Monson, president and prophet of the LDS church, with a mix of emotions. While I no longer identify as Mormon, I do think that President Monson was a good man and tried his best to inspire the Mormon people in the way he.

60 Minutes Episode on St

Patriarch Bartholomew, the leader of the Orthodox Christian Church, feels crucified living in Turkey under a government he says would like to see his nearl..

Struggling with Suffering : OrthodoxChristianity - reddit

The Incorrupt Relics of Saint Alexander of Svir in Russia

'Extinct tree from the time of Jesus rises from the dead

1. Going to Lebanon OrthodoxChristianity
  2. Orthodox Christianity: The Essential Reading List
  3. Someone's health is in serious condition

Prayer Requests : OrthodoxChristianity - reddit

1. Jesus fish usage : OrthodoxChristianity - reddit
  2. Russian Orthodox Schism : OrthodoxChristianity - reddit
  3. Monastery Icons : OrthodoxChristianity - reddit
  4. Napoleon = Antichrist? : OrthodoxChristianity - reddit

Video: Christian Businesses OrthodoxChristianity

Pavlodar Orthodox Church - Kazakhstan : OrthodoxChristianityRussian version of Death To The World? : OrthodoxChristianityThis is how you architecture : OrthodoxChristianityStI know next to nothing about the Saints